Wengen is one of the most stunning resorts in Switzerland, if not the world. It is said that the area was the inspiration for Middle Earth in the Lord of the Rings flims. Along with Grindelwald and Murren, Wengen is part of the Jungfrau Ski Region which has 250 km of slopes.
A ski instructor course with a guaranteed job
The twelve-week SnowSkool course will run from Saturday 6th Dec 2014 to 28th Feb 2015 and will consist of five weeks of ski instructor training, six weeks of paid work as a ski instructor and one week of examination. The examination is the SSSA Zulassungsaudbildung exam and will take place in the resort of Adelboden.
Instructor training will be delivered by Swiss Patente instructors from the Swiss Ski School in Wengen. These guys are the highest level ski instructors in Switzerland and so you will be put through your paces! Instructor training weeks will be full-on…five hours per day/ five days per week!
When you are working for the Ski & Board School, you will be on the hill and instructing paid clients. You will be expected to earn around £2400 during these six weeks although this figure will go up and down depending on your performance and your commitment to the School. Work hard and work smart and there is every chance that you will be invited to stay on after the course finishes (28th Feb 2015) to work for the remainder of the season.
The examination will take place in Adelboden which is an entirely separate resort to Wengen. All usual cost associated with this will be covered in your SnowSkool package – transport to and from Adelboden, half-board accommodation, lift tickets and, of course, the exam fee.
- We have just EIGHT places available
- This course is only open to skiers. Sorry snowboarders…!
- You should be an intermediate-advanced skier
- Basic grasp of German would be helpful although not essential
The cost of this course is £3995 and this includes:
- Season pass for the Jungfrau Ski Region
- 25 full-days of training
- 30 full-days of ski instructor work
- German language classes
- First-Aid course
- SSSA Zulassungsaudbildung exam fee (in Adelboden)
- Transport to and from Adelboden (for the exam)
- Lift passes in Adelboden (for the exam)
- Half-board accommodation in Adelboden (for the exam)
- Working visa for Switzerland (not in the EU!)
If you are interested in find out more or booking a place, please contact [email protected] or give us a call.